ABOUT GREENTREE HOSPITALITY GROUP:
GreenTree Hospitality Group, Inc. is a Tempe, Arizona-based hotel owner, operator and franchisor of the GreenTree Inn hotel brand. The first U.S.-based GreenTree Inn was established in 2015, as an extension of the successful launch of the brand in Asia in 2004 now with over 2,500 hotels worldwide. What started as one hotel in Phoenix, Arizona quickly grew throughout the Southwest through corporate acquisition, franchise development and brand loyalty.
Trusted by corporate and leisure travelers seeking reliable, modern guestrooms and lounge areas, the value-brand creates exceptional guest experiences while being a valued business partner by offering seamless hotel operations, providing a unique rewards program and minimizing its impact on the environment all while giving support to its corporate owned and franchised hotels across the Southwest.
GreenTree is actively seeking an Accountant and must be based in Tempe, Arizona. The Accountant will facilitate corporate accounting related responsibilities and complete reporting requirements on a monthly, quarterly and annual basis, including month-end franchise invoicing.
In the performance of their respective tasks and duties GreenTree team members are expected to conform to the following:
- Monthly accounting reports / billing hotel owners
- Supports financial decision making by effectively using financial data analytics, cost accounting and financial modeling to determine possible revenue opportunities, savings, cost avoidance, and cost/value of services
- Financial budgeting, forecasting and modeling
- Responds to management requests for specific financial and general business information and evaluations in a timely manner
- Ad hoc reporting/projects as needed
- Adheres to financial reporting deadlines, policies, procedures and internal controls
- Identifies and interprets trends by analyzing data and bringing issues and resolutions to managements attention
- Uses advanced Excel skills to aggregate large data sets for both financial reporting and analytical purposes
REQUIREMENTS, QUALIFICATIONS AND DESIRED TRAITS
- Bachelors Degree in Accounting or Finance
- Minimum 2 years of accounting and finance experience
- Prior experience with QuickBook preferred
- Experience with hotel or hotel franchise accounting
- Intermediate-advanced proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite; including advanced Excel skills
- Exceptional organizational and management skills, including the handling of multiple projects simultaneously and meeting tight deadlines
- Driven, focused work ethic
- Strong accountability
- Self-starter with the ability to think creatively and work effectively with small teams
- Act in a professional manner at all times